Eat Pray Love

Woot. Got a free weekend and less busy days ahead (assuming!) so I have time to blog! :)

Hmmm. So yesterday did not start out so very well but I guess it's true what they say, it can flip 180 towards the end. And it did! :) Was bound to Ortigas yesterday as J has a "hidden" agenda to visit some shop in Rustan's Shang and to eat at the raved-about Charlie's Grind and Grill.

We were on a budget date (kuno!) but we (or I) was not able to resist the temptation to watch a movie! Been movie-deprived for the past weeks and we need to catch up :P We were supposed to watch Wall Street over Charlie St. Cloud but there's Eat Pray Love! So many movies, so little time! :)) So we decided to watch the latter, and I said I don't want to cry.


I haven't read the book so I just found out the story yesterday. It's about a woman (Liz ~ and I just googled and found out that this is a true story! Sarap!) who one day lost her passion to live after several failed relationships, so she set out on an incredible journey to find balance in her life, in herself. She went to Italy, India and Indonesia and did just that - eat, pray and love. She met a lot of people along the way and the movie chronicles those encounters that led her to find inner peace within herself and the (last) love of her life. Such an inspiring story indeed - I suddenly want to read the book! :)

I don't know why but I way crying almost all throughout the movie! Err, toldya I'm such a tearjerker. I think it's partly because too much not-so-good stuff happened yesterday that I just needed an avenue to cry and the cinema is a perfect place and the movie, the perfect excuse. :|

But there were really also touching scenes that made my tear glands more productive than usual. I guess the concept of being alone just scared the shit out of me. I don't want to wake up one day and realize lo sono solo. I hope I never will be.

Some screen caps from the movie:

One day, I will savor a cup or two of authentic Italian gelatto
and the sweetness of doing nothing in Italy!
Not alone, hopefully. :)


And a whole order of pizza too! I love this part where Liz
told her friend to not be worried about her size/weight because
guys don't really care what size you are. As long as they have
a naked lady in front of them, it's like they've hit jackpot already :))

Btw, also loved the part where Liz is eyeing a sexy nightwear and her friend told her to get it. Then she asked: "For whom?" then the reply was..."For you."
Yeah right! You don't need a man for that. But...

"To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life."







0 comments:

Post a Comment